Monday, January 28, 2008

Molly knows Love is Blind

Molly is not a chewer. Being a lab mix, this is truly a blessing. She leaves my shoes and my furniture alone-and always has. When she was little she had stuffed toys that she ripped to shreds-but that was OK by me-at least it was confined to her things and not mine.


About a year ago-when she was around 2 and half years old, I discovered that she had grown out of the stuffed toy killer stage-and so I re-introduced a variety of toys for her to play fetch with and just lick at her leisure (she is not a chewer-but she does lick allot.) For the past year she has had a dozen toys-but one has been her favorite, the blue and orange bug. If anyone has ever read the Velveteen Rabbit-the bug is Molly's rabbit. She loves it unconditionally. When I have to put it in the wash-she mopes. When she sees it tumbling in the dryer shes giddy with anticipation. When I take it out with the wash-she grabs it immediately and licks it until its soaking wet. Sometimes I find the bug outside...and I realize she must have taken her little pal out with her to survey her kingdom. I often find Molly asleep on the couch with the bug in her paws. She constantly wants to play fetch with the bug-and if it skids under the couch she whines until I get it opposed to simply getting another toy. As you can see-she loves the bug.


Two weeks ago I realized that one of the bugs protruding eyes, had disappeared. I figured Molly had chewed it off and most likely eaten it-but I could not confirm that theory until last night. We were gathered in the living room, Molly on her favorite chair, and I realized she had something in her mouth. I walked over and realized she had gotten the other bug eye off, rendering her toy blind. It doesn't matter to Molly-she kept playing with bug anyway, and eventually napped with it in her paws. I took pictures (which is a by-product of the blog, anything with a story must have an illustration.)



Have a wonderful Monday everyone:)





No comments: