Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Smoking Sawdust





Near the house they have been clearing 2 acres of trees to make room for a new office building. This will not be a commentary on how sad it is to lose that many trees for something as mundane as yet another office park-even though it is very discouraging and I would have prefered they left good enough alone.
They carted off trucks full of HUGE logs, which is to be expected. The limbs and such have been shredded to make GINORMOUS piles of sawdust. It looks like a woodchuck went CRAZY. These piles of sawdust fascinate me. They smoke-like huge piles of dinosaur dung. If dinosaur dung was something I had seen in real life, and not just on the first Jurassic Park movie. Everyday as I pass, I look for the piles to be gone or at least the smoke to stop. So far-they are still going. I have attahed some pictures, but it hardly does the site justice.

No comments: