Friday, March 6, 2009

Molly and Bailey and the long,cold winter

I have not commented on Bailey and Molly in some time. And while they are not human children, they are my children so it seems worthy or some notes. Winter is always so boring for dogs as they stay cooped up inside, but there have still be a few things worth noting.

1. Molly is now sleeping in until 6:30 every morning. She used to wake between 4-5 am and whine for her breakfast. In an effort to make her stop and get back to bed I used to wake up and feed her. Hence creating an early morning breakfast monster. Thankfully I have seen the light and moved her to 6:30. She has an internal clock that is always spot on, so if I were to lose power again I could count on her to not let me miss her meal time.

2. Bailey is becoming grudgingly more accepting of the dog door. I have a dog door which Molly uses all the time for her "business" as well as to see the world, sit out in the sun, bark at neighbors-etc. Bailey is "too good" for said door and barks at me to open the door. As an aside he knows how to use the door and has on his own multiple times-just not consistently. I have begun taking him to the back door and making him go through the dog door to get out. I hope he gets the point sooner or later. I believe you can teach an old dog new tricks.


And lastly-here is a picture of the kids from my recent cupcake party. They were mostly very well behaved. Bailey slept at Katherine's feet once we go going and Molly went outside to enjoy the sunshine. I was worried they would be on patrol for fallen sprinkles and such-but they surprised me with their manners. Maybe I have taught them how to not be hooligans after all. Pat on back:)

No comments: