Monday, June 2, 2008

Like a statue, huge lobsters and equally huge yachts

I spent one day in Newport, RI. I have been once before and was excited about the chance to go again and explore. Besides the beautiful view of the water there is some great shopping there. Here are some pics:

historic church steeple right on the waterfront...
I liked this sign since it reference quahogs. If you have never had a quahog then lucky you. Its a clam like thing that is super chewy-like seafood gum....
Did everyone else know that these little sea birds eat starfish? I watched this one go at the starfish for at least 20 minutes....

The Newport waterfront....
Me in front of the harbor...
A lovely little yacht that I wished Iowned....
OK...this is one of those times when a pic wont do something justice. This lobster was GINORMOUS. Seriously huge. His claws alone were HUGE.

No comments: