Monday, June 9, 2008

A Carrie statue and a college called Brown

On our last day in Rhode Island we explored Providence. We got lost a few times due to a misguided navigation system but ended up finding plenty to do. We shopped downtown for a bit. We then went to the Brown campus to explore. Its a beautiful campus....and it was exciting to be there the weekend of their Spring graduation. Lots of kids in the bookstore buying their last college sweatshirt. I was a little nostalgic thinking it has been 10 years since I graduated from UT. While there we stumbled upon a "Carrie" statue. I took some pictures, but its kind of hard to see. The statue was a gift from the husband of the daughter of the founder of Brown. I love finding stuff with my name on it...spelled correctly.

Here is the tower/statue from across the street....
Up close on my name in marble...very fun!
Little Carrie next to CARRIE TOWER. I wanted to climb up on it...but it was right near this grassy knoll with lots of students and I thought that would clearly differentiate me from the actual students...looking back if I acted drunk it might have been OK? Maybe next time

No comments: