Wednesday, December 16, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

The star of my holiday show is the tree. I am a purest. I like a tree with lots of ornaments. I don't match it to my decor (yet.) I like lots of lights and until two years ago is was always a real tree. I did make a shift to an artificial tree a couple years ago because many of my ornaments were too heavy for the branches of a real tree and it made me sad to leave them in the box. When I get a bigger house and "branch out" to multiple trees I am sure I will add a real tree and a tree to match the room it lives in. But for now-just my lone family tree. As I was taking some pics I realized that the close ups of my ornaments were so pretty so I decided they were worth sharing:)

Here is another shot of the tree in all its glory.
I have many beautiful ornaments-but I have started to really get into birds-especially with feather tails. This is one of my little beauties.
Another one of my birds...this one sparkles in real life, but the pic doesn't show it off as well.
Look at this teeny, tiny Santa. Here is the size of a light bulb but my love for him is HUGE!!
Santa with his small star.

Another small Santa. I know...I totally have a thing for delicate ornaments.
I love ornaments with glitter. Here is a fun one that combines bright colors and polka dots.
I have dozens of these snowflake ornaments. I put them on the interior of the tree to give the whole thing allot of sparkle. They throw the light beautifully.
I have been collecting mercury glass for the last few years and last year began to extend my collection into the Christmas genre if you will. Here are some of my trees int he corner of the mantle.
Some of my Santa's holding court on my bookshelf. The brown paper books I did for Halloween and then fell in love with them. I like how they fade into the background in all their brown paper bag glory.

No comments: