Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jenny rocks the baby carrier at a party, Christmas comes early, night out and the first holiday decor shots!!

Lots has been going on. First JP and Tabitha had a "WE GOT MARRIED" party! Much fun was had. My favorite part of the night was Jen and the baby carrier. Notice how relaxed both Jen (thanks to the wine) and Rowdy (thanks to the baby carriers soft sway) look!
Then a few weeks ago I received this unexpected gift in my mailbox. Yep-all on the same day. It was like a true gift of the magi-but instead of frankincense, gold and myrrh I received a million shiny catalogs and magazines. ALL ON THE SAME DAY. Obviously I was so excited I hurried inside, clutching them all to my heaving bosom, to take a photo for the blog! WOOHOOO-I love glossy mags!

Then over Thanksgiving we got together with everyone to celebrate the holiday, adult style. We took this pic to remember the evening. One creepy note-some guy at the bar at this establishment was taking our pics on his camera phone. For his own personal enjoyment. ICK!!!

Over Thanksgiving I started holiday decorating. I am proud to say I am almost done. Here is a shot of my mantle. Note the new molding at the top. I had that done a few weeks ago and am so pleased with the results. I go with jewel tones and lots of natural-ish materials.

Here is a close up of my wreath. Note the red berries. Those are a new addition and I really like how it pulls the elements from the mantle and the rest of the room into this focal point.
Here is a close up of one of my red berry trees and the fruit and pine cones I scatter in my garland.
Another close up which highlights my ribbon and boxwood additions. All in all its very festive.
Of course I have many more photos, but I figured I would roll out a few every couple of days to keep the falalalala lasting all the way to Santa Day!!!!

2 comments:

I Do Declare said...

The mantle looks great!!!

shelly conyngham said...

I love the jewel tones of the mantel. I also think the crown moulding adds alot to the mantel. You must have got your christmas decorating ability from your mom!
Ha Ha