Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Belated Happy Mom's Day and a Blast from the Past

Hello-Happy Mom's Day to all you Moms out there. Sorry i am late-but I just got back from the beach. In honor of the special day I am going to post some pics of us as kids, as well as my mom as a kid!!!

Here is my mom with three of her brothers....note the hair. Yeah-it was all the rage back then.

My mom again with one of her little brothers-I can't tell which one by this picture. Now that she can comment maybe she will weigh in with more info?

Here I am with my younger cousin Derek. I must have been 3. I love my bathing suit and shades combo. Stylin and Profilin.

And then mom cut my hair. And made me look like a mushroom. And then she dresses Jen and I in matching Laura Ingalls outfits. And THEN the Olin Mills ppl thought it was a good idea to simply "prop" Shaun up in the front of the photo. He has no neck...and looks hardly amused at the situation. That or he is saying "at least I am not in the prairie costume." Hard to say.

This has always been one of my favorites. I loved this short romper thing I have on. It had buttons up the back. I remember thinking I was cool (note mom let me pierce my ears so ppl wouldn't think I was a boy with my mushroom hair.)
No hard feelings mom...I think they are adorable. If only I could find the picture of me in the orange leisure suit. Thats a classic!









2 comments:

jen mowrer said...

Love the photos!

Shelly Conyngham said...

In the second picture of me it is Uncle Mark with me.
I loved your haircut. You had such a tiny face when you were small it looked good on you.
It was the Dorothy Hammil look not a mushroom!!!!
Poor Shaun does look like they just threw him on you two.
I have Very fond memories of those photos not so much of the one of me and my brothers. I hated my hair in that picture. I really think my mom just took the rollers out and didn't comb it.
ThaT was before Uncle Rich came along.
Thanks for making me laugh it was a special treat.
LOve, Mom