Monday, May 18, 2009

The Beach, Pasta and Cupcake Party, and the Garagement Part 4

It has been some week. Over Mothers Day I went with the ladies down to SanDestin. While we had rain and crappy weather here in Knoxville we had nothing but sunshine and pina coladas in Florida. It was so much fun. Here is a picture of us at dinner on our last night. The time down there was too short-but hopefully I will get back to the beach soon:)


Then last Thursday I had the second edition of the Cupcake Party. This time instead of chili and cupcakes I did a pasta buffet and cupcakes. I aspire to be as close to Giada from the Food Network as possible. This was her pasta ponza recipe which seemed to be a hit amongst the ladies. I wish I had a pretty picture before we dug in-but it didn't last long in the untouched phase;)


On to the main event-cupcake decorating. Here is Jen and Patterson doing what they do best-for Jen taking pictures for her blog and for Patterson being in charge of icing the cupcakes. That's not really accurate-Jen is also very good at detail work and Patterson can decorate with the best of us.


Our first project-corn on the cob cupcakes. Seriously-don't they look just like corn??

Me and the faux corn.
Me and the faux corn take two. Jen is a demanding task master when it comes to photo ops. I wanted to show how similar these are.
Next we tried monkeys. Here is me and my monkey.
All the ladies decorating the monkeys. This is the best kind of monkey business,
Close up of my monkey.
Jen and her monkey.
The whole bunch of them. Jen was upset I didn't have bananas to pose the monkeys with. It would have been adorable.
We then attempted lions. Here is my little lion.
The ladies prepping the lions....

The pride...
Here is the whole batch of cupcake cuties. The flowers are courtesy of Amanda (a new friend at the cupcake party.)

Jen and I striking a pose.

Scott is coming along nicely on the garagement. Here is a close up of the island top. I really think it turned out beautiful.
Side view of the island.
Here are the kitchen cabinets installed. The area above the sink will house open stainless steel shelves. What do you think of the color??

This past weekend all the doors went in. I gave them all a coat of stain (staining being my job if you will:))

The building inspector required Scott to cover the walls and ceiling in the entry way. Previously these were just roughed in walls. I am really impressed with how the entry way turned out. Here is a view from the top landing down the stairs.
View from bottom to top. Scott and I have been discussing what, if anything to do with the stairs. I think a painted runner in black or painting the stair treads black would be cool. Keep in mind that they are going to get lots of wear. Thoughts??

That's about it. I am taking it easy this week to gear up for the big Memorial Day weekend. Have a wonderful week:)

3 comments:

Shelly Conyngham said...

Loved the adorable cupcakes.
The lions are my favorite!
Can't wait to see what you come up next.
Garagement is really looking great I am sure Scott will be glad when it's done.
Mom

Katherine said...

so many questions to answer...
1. the stair treads...why dont you cover them in metal decorative tiles? (similar to ones used in old houses on the ceiling.)
2. i LOVE the kitchen cabby color. seriously, i was thinking that prior to you asking.
3. please introduce the ladies you went to fla with.
4. your hair looks awesome.
5. jen's hair looks awesome...so shiny.
6. banana runt candies would havebeen perfect with the monkey cupcakes.
7. I MISS YOU!!

Carrie C said...

To address Katerines questions:
1. We thought about doing metal on the stairs but its seriously pricey. I think paint will be as cool as it gets. Agree-I thought that the diamond plated metal you see on toolboxes would have been awesome until Scott showed me the price;)
2. Thanks-Scott selected.
3. I went to Florida with Scotts' friends wives. From left to right-Heather, Kim, Kara, Liza, Mary Susan and me. Last names have been withheld to protect the innocent;)
4. Thank you
5. I agree
6. TOTALLY-but didnt we have issues finding those the first cupcake party??
7. I miss you too. Come visit ASAP!!!