Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dogs in the Dunes

I went to Hilton Head in early October and was lucky enough to be able to take Molly and Bailey. I had so much fun with them there. I decided to take the opportunity to get professional photos done while we were there. I know, they are dogs-BUT I justified it in three ways:
1. They are my family. Bailey is almost 10 and I only have 1, maybe 2 good pictures of the three of us. In this case good means we are all in the photo (smiles or even paying attention to the camera are too much to wish for.)
2. I am always the one taking the pictures so I rarely get to be in them myself
3. Getting a good photo of all three of us was going to require cat like reflexes and a very good camera, preferably operated by a professional.

I researched area pet/people photographers and found Angela Hopper. I highly recommend her. She was awesome with my dogs and very likable in general. Here is her website if you all are ever in the area.
http://angelahopperphotography.com/

Here are some of my favorites. There are too many to post at once, but trust me you will see more later;)

Molly in motion....


The orange thing at the top is Molly's Frisbee. Its akin to a child's pacifier. She is calm and good with it around and a little out of control when its gone.

Bailey and I on our stroll down the beach...he has to be convinced to walk on the sand and then he really has to be cajoled to get near the water-but he was a champ on picture day....trotting right along



Bailey-bigger then life.




Molly most serious...I like this pic too because it shows the freckles on her nose which I love.




Here's the money shot. Note Molly and Bailey were not required to wear khaki shorts and white shirts-but that's the route I wanted to go:)
I love these two of Bailey and I. He is such a love bug...and this really demonstrates that.
And seriously? How damn cute is this one. He is smiling!!
Molly in the ocean...I like all these action shots allot!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jen mowrer said...

I think these are adorable and am glad you did it. I also spit out my drink when I got to the one of Bailey smiling - for real!