Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa or Elvis?

I am gearing up for my trip to LAS VEGAS for Christmas. Las Vegas you say? Why yes-my parents now live there. They moved from the pastoral town where I grew up in the Midwest, Perrysburg, OH to Las Vegas over Thanksgiving. I know-odd, right? I think so too. But Vegas just happens to be where my dad got a job. So while I will always be a Midwesterner-I now get to visit my family in VEGAS BABY.

Among many interesting fun Vegas themed holiday facts-here are my favorites:

1. In Vegas you can get your picture taken with Santa OR Elvis. This will be hard to resist-so don't be surprised if next years holiday card has a bit of Vegas flare.

2. They portion off a part of Caesar's palace and make an ice skating rink right in the hotel. I cant wait to see it-maybe Mom and I will go skating. FUN!!!

3. The Bellagio does a light show to Christmas tunes. Of course they do.

4. While the weather in Vegas is usually temperate-mom says it snowed yesterday. Everyone was advised to stay off the roads. Much like snow is handled here in TN. Mom of course was frustrated on two counts-why can no one drive in the snow and WHY IS IT COLD ONLY AFTER I MOVE HERE. I see her point.

I am sure I will have more information about a Vegas Christmas when I return. I can't wait.

No comments: