Monday, August 25, 2008

Rain Delay

It appears that planning to have my roof replaced is a modern version of the Native American rain dances.

I have been saving up for a new roof for the past few years. I decided to take the plunge a few weeks ago when I realized the price of shingles is going up proportionate to the price of gas. Did anyone else not know that shingles were effected by oil costs?? I did not know until I started getting quotes this summer. Anywho. Today was my new roof day.

We have not had rain in East TN in the last month. This is, literally, the driest August on record for the past 60 years. But today...I wake up (at 6:30am when the roofers are scheduled to arrive) to gray skies and ominous clouds. yes folks, the precursors of rain. And rain tomorrow, and rain on Wednesday.

To make everything more fun...they have dropped off loads of shingles in front of my garage, so my car is stuck outside until they can re-roof the house. Of course I spent hours this weekend cleaning said car....even waxing it. I should have anticipated three days of thunderstorms:)

No comments: