Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pam is a HATER, and me and my emmy

Does anyone else think February is a SLOW, COLD and BORING month? It has occasional highlights-but not much worthy of a blog entry. I was talking to my Aunt Pam about my lack of creativeness for a new blog post. I was afraid my blog well had run dry so to speak. This is when I realized Pam is a HATER when it comes to blogs. She doesn't get them. She thinks they are self-absorbed. The conversation went something like this:

Pam-Blogs seem very self absorbed...why put all that out there for people to see

Me-Its a good way for people to keep up to date about my life

P-Why not just call them

Me-Its easier to broadcast to many...with the wonderful resource that is the Blog

P-Its impersonal

Me-Its very personal, like a journal for your loved ones to see

P-Why not keep a journal then...why put it up online

Me-Because I would hope people could enjoy my stories and pics. I try to be clever-etc.

P-You could just call

Me- Its not like I spend the whole time blogging about myself, I talk about everyone around me.

P-Still its your life


It went on for this for sometime. It was completely non-hostile and pretty funny actually. Maybe its a generation gap? I dont think blogs are self absorbed. But in honor of Pam I am going to share with you all my highest accolade. I am not going to feel bad for me "personal press release" (Obviously Pams words and not my own.) Enjoy and have a happy Thursday:)



Here I am with my Emmy from a few years ago. I won it for a website called Living.com (which my company quickly squashed-why keep a winner?;))

1 comment:

jen mowrer said...

Please let me know if you'd like the other picture of you and your emmy - I will share...