Sunday, October 4, 2009

A September catch up

Um-what happened to the month of September?? I haven't blogged since AUGUST? I know, remiss of me. Lots has happened. Here is a run down of all the highlights.
We had a baby shower for Jen which she covered very well on her blog:
I do have a couple pics to share from my perspective:

Megan's mom took care of the flowers for the event. They were lovely. I sent Chris G out to take some photos and I thought he did a wonderful job. If that doctor thing ever falls through I think he could have a real career in photography-look at the composition:)
The ladies enjoyed the food and company.
Matt was in charge of photos from his perspective, I saw allot of this during the evening.
And then he got to have a hand in opening gifts, something rarely enjoyed by dads at baby showers. Mostly because they are not typically invited:)

A side view of Jen opening gifts, baby belly and all:)

Let's see-then Jen had the baby-William Rowdy, whom they will call Rowdy. He was born about a week ago. I haven't visited yet (have had bad sinus infection and want to be completely non-sick when I get to hold him:))

I went to the opening game for UT which is fairly unusual since I am a classic fair weather fan. I only like to go to games that are cool (like football was intended to be in you are from NW Ohio.) But-I had the chance to join the Vol Navy and I could not pass it up. Here are some pics from the water.

Scott and I before the game.
All the ladies on the back of the boat.
And then one of the boys.
The weather has been a bit odd here in E. TN. It went from summer with highs around 85 during the day to fall with highs around 70 during the day overnight it seems. I think this drastic temp change led to my aforementioned sinus infection. I did have a chance, while stuffed up and quarantined at home, to decorate for Halloween. I am fairly proud of my mantle this year. Take a look:

Here is one of the corners of my long living room mantle. This year I used books for height. I like how it turned out. The middle of the mantle. The crows are a recent addition this year. Molly thought they were a toy so I had to put them up while she was outside so she wouldn't notice where they went. Feel free to make comments about my Martha Stewart-equness;)

Speaking of Molly, and Bailey too. They are doing very well. I have some cute, recent photos of them:
Molly lounging on my new quilt. I will have finished pics of my bedroom to share later-so more on that quilt and the wall color to come.
Bailey, sleeping wrapped in a different quilt on the couch.
And then awake after the flash went off. Adorable.
Ok-all caught up. I will do better in October!!!!













No comments: