Monday, October 19, 2009

Gameday Saturday, a visit to Asheville, and a spider with loyalty

Scott and I went to the Auburn game. We stayed for just under one quarter. We both are more football on tv types;) We had fun tailgating though. Pictures to follow.


Then the next weekend we went to the Biltmore in Asheville, NC. It was Scott's first trip. We had a great time exploring the house and grounds. We even went to the petting zoo area where I had a close encounter with a goat (does anyone else find their eyes a bit creepy?) I wouldn't get too close because I was afraid. Yes I know, goats don't eat people. But this one had a look about it:)


There have been some scary spiders setting up camp on my front porch and flower beds. One in particular was HUGE. No matter how many violent rain storms we received this guy just kept kicking. I was actually afraid to take a broom to it because I feared its retaliation. I told Scott that because I let it live on my hosta I felt confident it would never come in the house. Scott informed me that insects and creepy crawly things are not known for their loyalty. In this case I think he is wrong, I have never seen a spider (itsy bitsy or otherwise) crawl up the waterspout. Thank GOD!!!


Scott and I seeing how many patterns we can introduce into one gameday photo;)

View from our seats, which we sat in for less then 15 minutes.

A friendly goat in a cart at the Biltmore petting zoo. Why was the goat in the cart? Because it wanted to be-it had four fully functioning legs.
Me getting a pic with the goat. That's as close as I wanted to get. That goat had it in for me...look at it looking at me. I am pretty sure I am saying "sh*t"


A little closer...for the sake of a better picture. Of course the goat wasn't looking. After two tries I had had enough.


Funky chickens. They looked like they were wearing Derby hats.

We paused for a geese crossing on the grounds.

A view of the countries largest residence.


The view from the back balcony. The day was overcast but you could still see for what felt like miles.


Lastly..my very own eight legged wonder. I wonder if the picture does justice to its size. I actually called Bailey away from this plant everytime he went to pee on it. I didn't want to make the spider mad and I didn't want it to eat poor Bailey. It was GINORMOUS.








No comments: