Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blowfish, Hush Puppies and a Fish Tale worth telling

Hiya- I am going to start posting some fun stuff from our trip to Rhode Island. I have to start with my funny "puffer fish" ,aka blow fish, story. For some reason (I believe a trusted adult told me) I thought hush puppies were puffer fish dropped in hot oil. I literally thought that someone would shock the fish and make them blow up their cheeks and THEN drop them in hot oil and that in turn was how hush puppies were born. I didn't eat them my entire childhood. I didn't find out that my hush puppy idea was a misconception until I got to college. OK...so now I know better. I eat the hush puppies...etc.


While in Rhode Island.....my room had some "odd" decorations. One being a skeleton of a puffer fish. This did not give me nightmares or anything but it was totally worth the picture opportunity. See attached



me with the puffer fish skeleton...which watched over me as I slept...
me mocking the puffer fish...showing it what I was made of:)

No comments: